As college students, we can experience stress and boredom as well, but perhaps in different ways. Regardless of the stressors in our lives, there is a fun and creative way to find a little escape: DIY (Do It Yourself) stress balls! You can make them for yourself or others, maybe as a gift for this holiday season! You could even make stress balls for the children you will meet when you participate in Pediatric Playroom! Stress balls for everyone!
The creation process is easy, accessible, and affordable. There are also endless ways to design your stress ball so it can fit any unique personality! Here is a very helpful guide for creating a very helpful stress ball!
What You Will Need:
- A balloon
- A funnel
- A 2 lb. (or larger) bag of all purpose flour
- A measuring cup
- Colored sharpies (optional)
- Blow up your balloon and let the air blow back out. This allows the balloon to stretch out some.
- Stick the narrow part of the funnel into the neck of the balloon.
- Use the measuring cup to add flour to the funnel, slowly filling the balloon with flour. If the balloon clogs up, use your finger to push the flour into the balloon and clear the opening.
- When the balloon is filled until right below the neck, stop adding flour and carefully let out any extra air from inside the balloon.
- Tightly tie the neck of the balloon.
- Enjoy your new stress ball! If you want, use different colored sharpies to decorate it!