What They Do:
NC Children's is the only state-supported pediatric facility in North Carolina. No patient is refused care, but funding from the state covers only 10 percent of the hospital's costs, thereby necessitating outside financial support. Carolina For The Kids has become a fundamental part of this network, raising more than $5.1 million in 20 years and increasing volunteer presence in the hospital in each of these years. Please explore our site to learn more about the unique ways you can help Carolina For The Kids make a difference for the patients, families and staff at NC's Children's. More interesting facts about the NC Children's can be found at: http://www.uncchildrens.org/uncmc/unc-childrens/.
What We Do:
In the hospital, Carolina For The Kids...
- Organizes events that create opportunities for interaction between students and the children, including monthly socials and time in the Pediatric Playroom
- Hosts the weekly Parent's Night Out event, where families on the 5th-7th floors of NC Children's Hospital can receive a free hot meal as an alternative to hospital cafeteria food
- Provides committee volunteers for different events in the hospital
- Plans out-of-hospital socials
- Volunteer in the Pediatric Playroom
- Coordinates the kid co-captain program