Sara Hall is a member of the Publicity committee.
Packing for an event like the Dance Marathon is daunting -- what exactly does one pack when they’re going to be awake and moving for 24 hours?
We asked some experienced dancers what they wished they had brought to their first Dance Marathon. Juniors Sara Pequeño, Olivia Wilkins and Anne Whitener recommend the following:
- Lots of socks and an extra pair of shoes. A simple change of socks, shoes and clothes makes a big difference
- Healthy snacks. You’ll be well fed at the marathon, but pack a few of your favorite snacks to munch on in between meals.
- Tennis balls, they help with sore feet!
- The essentials: Toothbrush, toothpaste and deodorant
- Face wash, to help you feel refreshed!
- Ibuprofen or Advil
- A sweatshirt or jacket
- Sweatpants. Cozy is key.
- Homework. The marathon has a quiet space called the “Cafe” where you can set up shop and get some work done in between activities.
- A water bottle
- A fanny pack. Bring your own or buy a CFTK pack there. It’s a staple accessory of the marathon, and a great way to keep snacks, your phone, and other essentials by your side throughout the 24 hours.
- A charger for everything!
Make sure to leave space in your bag for some awesome CFTK merch, and other free sponsor swag!