McKenna Ritter is a member of the Publicity committee.
1. Stay positive! There will be ups and downs throughout the marathon, but we are doing this for the kids and their families.
2. Get a full night of sleep the night before the marathon. We know you are excited, but you’ll thank yourself.
3. Bring a few different pairs of shoes. After standing for so long, your feet will thank you for some small changes.
4. Don’t take in too much caffeine all at once. Spread out your coffee/Redbull intake.
5. Make new friends! There is plenty of time to bond.
6. Encourage others when they need it. The motivators are going to help in this department!
7. Enjoy the student performing groups. It’s always exciting to see all of the talent at this university.
8. Visit the hedgehogs! They may poop in your hand, but they are adorable and worth it.
9. Have faith that you will NEVER go hungry at this event.
10. Be as prepared as possible to hear the stories of the children and their families. Your heart will bubble over with gratitude. If you lost sight of it during all the dancing, you will understand the true excitement of this event!