Kalina MacKay is a member of the Publicity committee.
Maybe you signed up because your friends told you to, or because it’s a Carolina tradition – but there is so much more you have to look forward to from the Dance Marathon. The 2018 Dance Marathon is just around the corner, here’s five things to expect if you’ll be dancing!
- You will make memories that will last a lifetime. The marathon is such a unique experience that is truly unforgettable. Through the course of just 24 hours, you will have so many stories to carry with you forever. These stories will likely be among the highlights of your time at UNC.
- You will meet new friends. Spending 24 hours with the same group of people who all have the same goal at heart is a fast-track to making tons of new friends. You will bond with people you may have otherwise never met in unexpected ways.
- You will experience new things! Maybe you’ll pet a hedgehog or take a walk around campus at sunrise for the first time. There are so many unique ways to keep you entertained throughout the marathon, you’re sure to find something exciting you haven’t done before.
- You will learn that you are much stronger than you know. Standing for 24 hours is a real challenge that I personally didn’t think I was capable of. However, the rewarding feeling of accomplishing it, on top of knowing you’ve helped others, makes the whole thing worth it.
- You will find a passion for a cause you had no idea you cared so much about! Hearing the first-hand stories of the children and families you’ve helped is an indescribable feeling that you have to experience to fully understand. It is so motivational that you will fall in love with this cause if you haven’t already!